A project by Jesse Scott | www.jesses.co.tt
An open-source software/hardware version of 'that goal light project' by 'that beer company'
Theirs costs $150 and requires a smartphone. Mine costs about $50 (for parts only)
- Download the code as a ZIP (or Fork/Clone, if you know what you're doing)
- Download and install Processing (the project runs from source at the moment, though executable binaries will be added soon)
- Connect your Arduino and upload the Standard Firmata sketch to it
- Follow the routing procedure in /Electronics/Parts_Routing.txt (Wiring schematic coming soon)
- Follow the 'Code' procedure below
a) Open the goalLight.pde file under 'goalLight/Processing/goalLight/'
b) Change this line String favouriteTeam = "Vancouver"; to your favourite team (please no Leaf Fans ! ;-) )
d) Press the 'Play' button on Processing
… watch as it …
e) pulls the data from the NHL website
f) gets the current score of your favourite team
g) lights the light if the score is a bigger number than the last time!
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Repurcusssions 3.0 Unported License.
To view a copy of this license, visit: