Clone this wiki locally
smali and baksmali now have a new CLI as of the 2.2 release
baksmali disassemble app.apk -o app smali assemble app -o classes.dex
To get started, try
baksmali help or
A few things to note
- You can specify individual entries in an apk or oat file as if the apk or oat was a directory. e.g.
baksmali disassemble app.apk/classes2.dex. See
baksmali help inputfor more information.
- The options for specifying a bootclasspath/classpath when deodexing have changed a bit. For deodexing oat files, it works something like this:
adb pull /system/framework framework && baksmali deodex app.odex -b framework/arm/boot.oat
- baksmali now has a set of commands for listing various information from a dex/apk/oat file. e.g.
baksmali list dex boot.oatto list all the dex entries in an oat file (works with apks too)
baksmali list classes app.apkto list all classes in an apk/dex/etc.
baksmali list methods app.apk | wc -lto get a count of the number of methods currently used by the dex file
- v2.2 supports deodexing oat files from Nougat, and includes a number of bugfixes for Marshmallow as well
- There were a few breaking API changes in dexlib2, etc. So if you plan to upgrade your tool to dexlib2 v2.2, you can expect that you'll need to fix a few things.