JetBrains Open Source
At JetBrains we create, contribute, and support Open Source projects. We are the company behind IntelliJ IDEA and Kotlin, both of which are Open Source and foundational to the many other tools and products we have at JetBrains.
JetBrains on GitHub
This organization houses many of the Open Source projects we work on and provide to the community. Each one has a label that categorises the type of project it is:
Helping Open Source
In addition to creating and maintaining Open Source projects, JetBrains also contributes, sponsors (both financially and via licenses) many Open Source projects. Find out more about how JetBrains helps Open Source.
Code of Conduct
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our open source projects and communities (community programs), as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour. We invite all those who participate to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone. Communities mirror the societies in which they exist and positive action is essential to counteract the many forms of inequality and abuses of power that exist in society.
How to behave
The following behaviours are expected and requested of all community members:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration, respect and empathy in your speech and actions. Remember, we have all been through different stages of learning when adopting technologies.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Disagreements on things are fine, argumentative behaviour or trolling are not.
How not to behave
- Do not perform threats of violence or use violent language directed against another person.
- Do not make jokes of sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory nature, or use language of this nature.
- Do not post or display sexually explicit or violent material.
- Do not post or threaten to post other people’s personally identifying information ("doxing").
- Do not make personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Do not engage in sexual attention. This includes, sexualised comments or jokes and sexual advances.
- Do not advocate for, or encourage, any of the above behaviour.
Please take into account that online communities bring together people from many different cultures and backgrounds. It's important to understand that sometimes the combination of cultural differences and online interaction can lead to misunderstandings. That is why having empathy is very important.
How to report issues
If someone is acting inappropriately or violating this Code of Conduct in any shape or form, and they are not receptive to your feedback or you prefer not to confront them, please reach out to JetBrains via firstname.lastname@example.org
Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour
Unacceptable behaviour from any community member will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately. If a community member engages in unacceptable behaviour, JetBrains and/or community organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning.
License and attribution
The license is based off of The Citizen Code of Conduct is distributed by Stumptown Syndicate under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.