Deep Alignment Network
This is a reference implementation of the face alignment method described in "Deep Alignment Network: A convolutional neural network for robust face alignment" which has been accepted to the First Faces in-the-wild Workshop-Challenge at CVPR 2017. You can read the entire paper on Arxiv here. You can download the presentation and poster from Dropbox here or Google drive here.
First of all you need to make sure you have installed Python 2.7. For that purpose we recommend Anaconda, it has all the necessary libraries except:
- OpenCV 3.1.0 or newer
- Lasagne 0.2（用conda安装Lasagne时，会自动安装Theano 0.9.0）
- Theano 0.9.0
- CameraDemo.py 利用摄像头动态检测人脸68个特征点
- TestSetPreparation.py 准备模型训练所需的数据
The easiest way to see our method in action is to run the CameraDemo.py script which performs face tracking on a local webcam.
Running the experiments from the article
Before continuing download the model files as described above.
Comparison with state-of-the-art
Download the 300W, LFPW, HELEN, AFW and IBUG datasets from https://ibug.doc.ic.ac.uk/resources/facial-point-annotations/ and extract them to /data/images/ into separate directories: 300W, lfpw, helen, afw and ibug. Run the TestSetPreparation.py it may take a while.
Use the DANtesting.py to perform the experiments. It will calculate the average error for all of the test subsets as well as the AUC@0.08 score and failure rate for the 300W public and private test sets.
The parameters you can set in the script are as follows:
- verbose: if True the script will display the error for each image,
- showResults: if True it will show the localized landmarks for each image,
- showCED: if True the Cumulative Error Distribution curve will be shown along with the AUC score,
- normalization: 'centers' for inter-pupil distance, 'corners' for inter-ocular distance, 'diagonal' for bounding box diagonal normalization.
- failureThreshold: the error threshold over which the results are considered to be failures, for inter-ocular distance it should be set to 0.08,
- networkFilename: either '../DAN.npz' or '../DAN-Menpo.npz'.