Method of Relaxation Dashboard
- This application is deployed on heroku. You can visit the application here!
This repository contains code for creating a dashboard application that displays a surface plot that is associated with a solution to Laplace's equation that was computed using the Method of Relaxation.
This dashboard application was built using Python's dash library. It allows for the user to specify parameters associated with a particular problem statement.
The user can set:
- Dimensions of the rectangular system.
- Constant Boundary Conditions around the rectangular system.
- The number of relaxation iterations to run the algorithm with.
The program than uses the input parameters to approximate the solution to Laplace's equation using the Method of Relaxation.
- Third party python libraries listed in requirements.txt
- Clone the repo
git clone https://github.com/Jim-Shaddix/Personal-Website.git
- You can than use the following command to download all the third party libraries needed to run this program.
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Run the application!
- app.py: contains the code for the dash application that is used for generating the dashboard.
- Potential.py: contains data-structures, as well as the algorithm for the Method of Relaxation that is used in the. Dash-Application.py
- How-It-Works.ipynb: is a jupyter notebook that describes how the Method of Relaxation works.
- Assets: Contains the stylesheets that are used in the dash application.