This is a repository for the EpubSplit Calibre Plugin.
Most discussion of this plugin takes place in the EpubSplit Calibre Plugin forum.
Splitting omnibus eBooks into multiple eBooks seems to be a common request, but there haven't been many tools to do so without a lot of hand editing.
This plugin provides the ability to create new EPUBs by splitting off part of an existing (non-DRM) EPUB format eBook.
Main Features of EpubSplit Plugin:
- Present the user with a list of 'split lines' in the existing EPUB. The beginning of each file listed in the manifest spine and each Table of Contents(TOC) entry. tagged files are also indicated.
- 'Preview' contents of each 'split line' as a tooltip over the HREF.
- Allow user to edit the TOC entry(s) for each 'line'.
- Select one or more of the offered lines to include in the new eBook,
- Edit the metadata for the new split eBook, and then,
- Extract only the selected contents of the source EPUB into the new EPUB,
- Scan the selected content for CSS & image links for additional files to include,
- Scan the selected content for internal links and anchors and update links that need to point to different filenames,
- Use the metadata entered into calibre for the new eBook (including cover) as the metadata in the new EPUB.
- Return to list of source EPUB sections after creating a new split EPUB.
- Configure which metadata from source EPUB to copy to new eBook, now offering more of the standard metadata and custom columns.
- Configurably populate a custom column with the source book title/author/etc.
- CLI via calibre-debug --run-plugin