Cytopia is a free, open source retro pixel-art city building game with a big focus on mods. It’s based on a custom isometric rendering engine based on SDL2.
Current Key Features:
- Custom UI System, based on JSON. Highly moddable
- SDL2 based rendering engine written in C++
- Camera panning, zooming, relocating
- Terrain manipulation
- Pixel-art graphics made by Kingtut 101 and Pineapples Trix
- A Qt based tile editor for editing TileData JSON files.
- Procedural Terrain Generation
- OpenGL Renderer
- Gameplay mechanics
- In-Game Mod downloading mechanism
- Android / iOS
- Scripting language for mods (like LUA)
For code documentation see the projects Doxygen Documentation.
- Different zoom levels
- Relocate camera via rightclick
- Read settings from json files ( Filename to tile ID / Engine specific Settings )
- Terrain editing (raise / lower terrain)
Linux (clang / g++-5 or higher) Windows Mac
CMake 3.11 or later