SerialDebug Library for Arduino - source converter
SerialDebug is a improved serial debugging to Arduino, with simple software debugger, to see/change global variables, to add watch for these variables, or call a function, in runtime, using serial monitor.
This Java program is a converter, to help to migrate your Arduino codes, from Serial.prints to SerialDebug library
SerialDebug is a library to Improved serial debugging and simple software debugger to Arduino.
This converter is to help migrate your codes to use SerialDebug library
This program do:
- Put #include for SerialDebug library
- Detects global variables and put in setup, SerialDebug calls to add it into a their simple software debugger
- Detect the level of debugs, if you code has a lot of Serial.prints, the level is Verbose, else Debug. A suggestion is after conversion, change the messages importants (not Verbose) to Debug, Info, Warning or Error.
- Save the source files in separate diretory, appending _Dbg in names
- Open the directory converted, into a system explorer, so You can open this in Arduino
This is a beta version. Not yet fully tested, optimized, and documented.
Contribute to this libray development by creating an account on GitHub.
Please give a star, if you find this library usefull, this help a another people, discover it too.
Please add a issue for problems or suggestion.
I suggest you use a Github Desktop New app to clone, it help to keep updated.
How it looks
This runs in MacOsx, Linux and Windows (and other supported by Java).
You can use this converter in 3 modes:
If you is a Java developer:
Just download or clone this repository.
And open project a Java IDE, as Eclipse.
Binary release (needs Java runtime)
- You can download binary release of this converter
Latest binary release: Jar runnable - release v0.1.0
- Uncompress the Zip file,
- And run the jar file
In SerialDebugApp (not needs Java runtime)
- Just click in "Conv." button.
0.1.0 - 2018-10-17
- First beta