With this program you can convert any Youtube playlist or channel to a podcast RSS feed that you can subscribe to with your favourite RSS player.
Barely works. Code is not idiomatic rust by any stretch of the imagination but this project was written within the first 24 hours of writing my first Rust program.
- Obtain rust - only tested with rust-nightly July 19 2018 (see Mozilla's Rust Overlay)
- Install dependencies: openssl
Oh you need a Youtube API v3 token from Google. Which is hardcoded at the moment because I have not figured out how to do config yet.
- Understand ownership better and remove .clone()
- fetch more than 50 videos of a channel/playlist
- fix some values of feed rss
- implement video_id => audio url (need to figure out how to simulate or call youtube-dl)
- Parse things like api_key from configuration file
- do proper error handling and not .expect()
- Maybe create own Error type to unify Error type of the various libraries