Quality Assurance Procedure
Clone this wiki locally
Quality Assurance(QA) is an important part of ensuring we provide the highest quality product. For each 1000 rings produced we take 10 random rings and put them through our QA procedure. We should be able to open a box of 1000 rings and pick out 10 random ones, we should not let the factory select which rings we test. Upon successful completion of the test the tested rings should be placed back in their plastic bag which should be signed by the QA tester and should be placed in a separate envelope labelled (QA PASSED).
- Visual inspection
- Ability to be read on different devices
- Ring Inlays resonate at correct frequency
- Each Inlay has been tested 3 times
- Ring is Water resistant up to 2 bars
- If 2016 ring, ensure the engraving is in the correct location
- If 2016 ring, ensure the engraving can be easily located by touch
What equipment does the tester need?
- Spectrum Analyzer - IE http://www.sdr-kits.net/Webshop/products.php?72&cPath=5
- A ring size gauge - IE http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silver-Metal-Ring-Sizer-Stick-Gauge-Sizing-Mandrel-Finger-Measure-Standard-Tool-/281136544976?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_JewelleryBoxes_Supplies_CA&hash=item41750b3cd0
- Water pressure creator machine - IE http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Quality-Watch-Waterproof-Tester-Meter-Tool-6ATM-Water-Resistance-of-Case-/281123542111?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_WatchAccessories_SpareParts_SM&hash=item417444d45f
- Digital calipers - IE http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIGITAL-CALIPER-GAUGE-VERNIER-CARBON-FIBER-COMPOSITES-LCD-CALIPER-MEASURING-TOOL-/360693071858?pt=UK_Measuring_Tools_Levels&hash=item53fafb7ff2
- The NFC Ring Sweet Spot Testing Machine - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYHmERbewWA
- Samsung S4 or Nexus 5 with the NFC Ring Factory Testing App installed
Instructions for how to do each test (In order)
- Check the ring type matches the order requirements by comparing the ring against the order sheet
- Check the ring metal matches the order requirements by comparing the ring against the order sheet
- Check the ring inlay covers match the order requirements by comparing the ring against the order sheet
- Check the ring size matches the order requirements by comparing the ring against the order sheet and using the ring size gauge to ensure the ring center is positioned in the correct place.
- Check for Scratches and unexpected blemishes.
- Check the inlay cover fills the entire inlay cover space and has no unexpected marks.
- Using the digital calipers Check the ring matches the specifications at https://github.com/JohnMcLear/nfc-ring-specs
- Check the consistency of the top clear coat finish, the finish should be of a consistent depth throughout and as the ring is spun facing the light there should be no visible dips/mounds.
Tested 3 times according to our Database
- Write the URL http://testUID.nfcring.com to a tag or ring(you only need to ever do this once) then load the app and read the tag you just wrote. Hold the ring you are testing to the phone when prompted. The software will then connect to our API then tell you if the inlay has been tested 3 times during production.
Ability to be read on different devices
- Hold Ring up to a Samsung S4 or Nexus 5 with the NFC Ring Factory Testing App installed and running, if the ring works successfully(phone will beep/vibrate and screen will flash green) it has passed
- Place The Ring on Readability testing machine with phone and review count, it should be 10+. This test will take several minutes to complete.
- Place the ring on the Spectrum Analyzer testing probe. Turn on the spectrum analyzer and check that the pulled down frequency shown on the screen is 13.56Mhz ±0.4.
- Test the ring on a phone to ensure you can read it, place the ring in the pressure testing machine and load up to 2 Bars. Remove the ring from the testing machine and attempt to read the ring using the S4. If you can read ring, it has passed.
What is a ring does not pass the tests?
The batch should be instantly rejected and the factory should be asked to test each ring to ensure they do not fail any tests.