LabVIEW Application to recursively generate Screenshots of vi's front panel and block diagrams.
- Open Generate-Screenshots-Top.vi
- Select a base directory
- Run the vi
Recursively generates a screenshot of the Front Panel and Block Diagram of all vi's found within and under the base directory specified. Screenshots are named as follows:
- -Front.png for the Front Panel
- -Back.png for the Block Diagram
I tried using the official documentation VI report generator, but it was too slow and unstable for my liking. This solution is much simpler and runs faster.
Here are the screenshots generated for the Generate-Screenshots-Top.vi
- Add Support for LabVIEW Project files (.lvproj)
- Make Recursion an option
- Make more interface with button to run.
- Add option to delete screenshots from deleted vi's (delete all -Front.png and -Back.png files)
- Add option to generate official "Print" documentation which contains screenshots of all cases.