Update song name from file for BUTT using Python, grabbing information from WinAmp
winamp.py taken from -- https://github.com/hugovk/winamp winampGetInfo.py is original work
Steps for use:
- To run the program, make sure winamp.py and winampGetInfo.py are in the same folder.
- Make sure BUTTInfo.txt and the winampGetInfo.py are in the same folder. (Otherwise you'll need to change the pointer on file opening to the proper location)
- Open up BUTT and begin streaming as normal. Under the STREAM tab of settings, browse and select the BUTTInfo.txt file. Make sure the checkbox for ACTIVATE is checked.
- Double click on winampGetInfo.py and the program will begin running.
- You should have something that looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/vvSFLux.png
- Congrats! Assuming BUTT was working well before, you should now have Song & Artist info attached to your stream and displaying. To see this working in action, check out https://imjohnwhy.com/ (my website) and click on the button to download a stream.pls file. This can be played in most media players (I generally use Media Monkey or VLC Media Player). The information should be displayed like this https://i.imgur.com/5k3vzxQ.png
Feel free to message me for comments, questions, and concerns, no matter how dumb you think it may be.