Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
The main code has temporarily moved to: https://github.com/JoinMarket-Org/joinmarket-clientserver
JoinMarket improves the privacy and fungibility possible using Bitcoin. A market, complete with orders and fees, incentivizes liquidity by allowing some users to charge for the use of their bitcoin while others pay for access to this supply of mixable coins.
JoinMarket's use of CoinJoin allows funds to stay safe with private keys never leaving a user's control.
By forming an efficient and safe online space for mixing, this project allows as many people as possible to benefit from an innovative form of mixing, thereby frustrating efforts to break privacy through blockchain analysis.
- Liquidity and fees are balanced by the market
- Takers pay because they are willing to trade bitcoin for time
- Makers get paid for their patience and by listing coins on offer
- The CoinJoin mechanism enables mixing without escrow or custodial parties
- Privacy and fungability for all Bitcoin users are improved with every join
- Download the project and view the README.md for installation instructions
- Learn about JoinMarket's internal wallet
- Understand how to send payments with privacy via JoinMarket
- Earn income from your bitcoins by Running a yield generator bot
- Setup JoinMarket to work with Bitcoin Core Highly Recommended! for best speed, security, and privacy.
- Tumble your coins actively by running the tumbler script, which does repeated CoinJoins to restore privacy where it has been compromised.