InfoSec Starter Kit
Here are some materials for someone who wants to break into Information Security.
- Set up an account on an RSS reader of your choice (I suggest feedly).
- Download and import feeds.opml and read all the articles.
- Setup a podcast app (iTunes, Pocket Casts, etc.).
- Download and import podcasts.opml. Set them all to automatically download (I suggest restricting this to only while on WiFi).
- Read through some of these articles.
- Make your time as efficient as possible. Listen to podcasts or audiobooks while you're driving, exercising, doing yard work, etc.
- Find things that interest you and play around with them. Ask a lot of questions, be curious. Continue to dig into a topic until you feel you could easily teach it to somebody else from scratch.