What is it?
Download a compiled and merged doc
Download with Git:
mkdir -p ~/Documents/SDocs cd ~/Documents/SDocs git clone email@example.com:JonasNielsen/Ruby-and-Ruby-on-Rails-Searchable-docs.git "Ruby v.1.9.2 Rails v.3.1.1" cd Ruby\ v.1.9.2\ Rails\ v.3.1.1 unzip sdoc.zip open sdoc/
Open index.html and copy the url
Slick it up with Fluid.app
- Download Fluid.app from http://fluidapp.com/
- Open app and "Create a Site Specific Browser"
- URL: Paste url to your local index.html file
- Name: Whatever suits you best: e.g. "SDoc Ruby v.1.9.2 Rails v.3.1.1"
- Location: E.g. ~/Applications/
- Icon: I used the stunning 256x256 icon at http://www.iconspedia.com/icon/ruby-on-rails-6400.html
For only 4.99$ you can get extra features, such as Full Screen mode in Lion
All I did was compile and merge the documentations and create this guide. The real credit goes to:
If you use this stuff, I would love to hear about it @JonasNielsen