Small jQuery plugin to allow dynamic resizing of textarea height, so that it grows as based on visitor input. To use, just call the
.autosize() method on any textarea element. Example
$('textarea').autosize();. See the project page for documentation and a demonstration. Released under the MIT license.
Version 1.7 - May 3, 2012
- Now supports box-sizing:border-box
Version 1.6 - February 11, 2012
- added binding to allow autosize to be triggered manually. Example: $('#myTextArea').trigger('autosize');
Version 1.5 - December 7, 2011
- fixed a regression in detecting FireFox support
Version 1.4 - November 22, 2011
- added branching to exclude old browsers (FF3- & Safari4-)
Version 1.3 - November 13, 2011
- fixed a regression in 1.1 relating to Opera.
Version 1.2 - November 10, 2011
- fixed a regression in 1.1 that broke autosize for IE9.
Version 1.1 - November 10, 2011
- autosize now follows the max-height of textareas. OverflowY will be set to scroll once the content height exceeds max-height.
Version 1.0 - November 7, 2011
- first release