Grassroots is an open source project designed to help non-profit organizations get their supporters involved.
This project will focus on two aspects to accomplish a heightened level of involvement:
- Giving campaigns via social networks
- Serving the local community
If you'd like the long version, check out Jason's blog.
Grassroots is proudly licensed as free open source software under GPLv3.
Grassroots is built upon the following technologies:
- ASP.NET MVC 3
- C# 4.0
- Entity Framework 4.1 (Code First)
- MS SQL Server 2008 / MySQL 5.1
- CoffeeScript 1.2
- jQuery 1.7.1
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
We're very thankful for what Microsoft is doing with NuGet and would like to express our sincerest gratitude to them for fostering open source community within their stack. We'd also like to extend our thanks to the creators of the following projects. Without these guys, Grassroots would not be possible...
- Argotic by Brian William Kuhn
- AutoMapper by Headspring
- AWS SDK by Amazon Web Services
- CodeContracts by Microsoft
- dotless by Daniel Hoelbling
- ELMAH by Atif Aziz
- EntityFramework by Microsoft
- Facebook SDK by Jim Zimmerman, Nathan Totten, Prabir Shrestha
- jQuery by John Resig
- jQueryUI by the jQuery UI Team
- jQuery Validation by Jörn Zaefferer
- Modernizr by Faruk Ates, Paul Irish, Alex Sexton
- MvcContrib.Mvc3.TestHelper by Outercurve Foundation
- MvcMailer by S. M. SOHAN
- MySQL .Net Connector by MySQL
- Json.NET by James Newton-King
- Ninject by Nate Kohari & co
- RhinoMocks by Ayende @ Rahien
- T4Scaffolding by David Fowler, Scott Hanselman, Steve Sanderson
- Wijmo by ComponentOne
Note: The above package authors were just pulled from NuGet. If any of these are inaccurate, please feel free to contact me: jason (dot) offutt (at) gmail (dot) com.