Tags: responsive design, adaptive, adaptive-images
Requires at least: 3.3
Tested up to: 3.3.1
Stable tag: 1.0
Adaptive-Images for WordPress: make sure that image files are never bigger than what a device can use.
Resolutions will make sure that image files are never bigger than what a device can use, so the 4000 x 4000 photos that your client or content team post won’t melt any smartphones.
It is a one-click WordPress implementation of Matt Wilcox’s Adaptive-Images plugin. See adaptive-images.com for more info.
- Up and running in seconds.
- Protects your website from misuse by content creators, clients, etc.
- Makes images on your site load faster.
- Saves bandwidth for everyone.
.htaccess redirects image requests to
adaptive-images.php, which reads the cookie and creates/caches appropriately-sized versions of images before sending them to the viewer.
- Install and activate the plugin from your WordPress dashboard.
- Resolutions is now watching all of the image files in your uploads directory.