This program clears all stuck print jobs so it is possible to continue printing. Only tested on Windows 10.
See this page for more details about the problem and how to manually clear the print jobs.
This program replicates the actions you would take to manually clear the print jobs:
- Stop the PRINT SPOOLER service in SERVICES
- Delete the files in C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- Start the PRINT SPOOLER service in SERVICES
Options for running:
- Download and run Clear Print Jobs.exe.
- If you have AutoHotkey installed, either run Clear_Print_Jobs.ahk or compile it into your own EXE file if you don't want to trust the EXE in this repository. To download the script, copy the AHK script and paste the code into your own file or download the whole repository.
Created by Josh Penn-Pierson
CMD error handling script: https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/23917-errorlevel-of-comspec-does-not-return/