A simple automated background switcher for gnome and xfce, to display the teahouse fox's adventures throughout the day
Download this script to any suitable location (perhaps ~/bin or /.opt)
- note: You can use "git clone" or you can manually download each file
Add the appropriate entries to your cron schedule as indicated in cron-entries.txt
- note: use crontab -e to edit your cron schedule
- note: modify the location of the script to where you put it
Copy background-fox.desktop to ~/.config/autostart/. If this directory does not exist, create it.
Edit ~/.config/autostart/background-fox.desktop to match script location
- note: the only line that needs to be changed is line 5; set that to wherever you put the script.
Logout and log back in, you should see the background updated to the appropriate fox!
- Ubuntu 14.10 / Gnome 3 - works
- Ubuntu 16.10 / Gnome 3 - works
- Ubuntu 16.10 / XFCE 4.12 - works