Protocol Buffers – Perfect Web Server
This is one of two backends I created for experimenting with protocol buffers. The Perfect server uses slightly less memory, as it has fewer options installed by default. Setup is pretty simple using the Perfect Assistant, you just need to add the Protocol Buffers dependency to the Package.swift file.
See also: Protocol Buffers – Vapor Web Server
See also: Client iOS App
Already have Swift? Jump to Install Server.
- Open a terminal.
brew install swiftenv.
- Don't have homebrew? Installation instructions here.
- Install Swift using swiftenv:
swiftenv install 3.1.1
- Clone this repository.
- Open terminal in the directory you just created.
- Compile the server:
Running the Server
- In the same directory you just built from:
- You should see a message stating that the server has started at
- Press Control-C to quit the server.