Sprite Cow helps you get the background-position, width and height of sprites within a spritesheet as a nice bit of copyable css.
Automated spritesheet generators are pretty cool, but I prefer the control over optimisation and compression you get by making them manually.
However, copying all the positions & sizes from graphics apps wasted a ton of my time, so I made this!
Currently available online for you to use at http://spritecow.com
- Making more room for the spritesheet view
- Adding Twitter details
- Added "Reload image" button
- If you open the same image twice, it now reloads the image
- Bits of CSS & JS that stopped things working in Opera
- Bits of CSS & JS that stopped things working in IE10 (some remaining layout issues though)
- Picks up the file name through drag & drop as well as the 'open' button
- Can change CSS path
- Changing labels from 'Select' to 'Open' when opening files