Hugo Serif Theme
Serif is a beautiful small business theme for Hugo (Static Site Generator). It contains content types for the archetypical small business website. The theme is fully responsive, blazing fast and artfully illustrated.
- Services (Content Type)
- Team (Content Type)
- Testimonials (Content Type)
- Features (Data)
- SCSS (Hugo Pipelines)
- Responsive design
- Bootstrap 4 grid and media queries only
- Responsive menu managed in
- 100/100 Google Lighthouse speed score
- Under 30KB without images or 80KB with images and illustrations ⚡
- Robust example content included
- Royalty free illustrations included
bodyclasses on a per template basis
- Plenty of examples of using
whereto loop over various content types
- Google analytics configured in
Inside the folder of your Hugo site run:
cd themes git clone https://github.com/jugglerx/hugo-serif-theme.git
For more information read the official setup guide of Hugo.
After installing the Serif theme successfully it requires a just a few more steps to get your site finally running.
Adding example content
The fastest way to get started is to copy the example content. Copy the contents of the
exampleSite folder to the root folder of your Hugo site. This theme comes with content for the following content types:
testimonials and includes JSON data for
contact. It also includes the
config.toml file which has an example menu.
After you copy the
config.toml into the root folder of your Hugo site you will need to update the
baseURL = "/"
After installing the theme, generate the Hugo site.
Hugo's built-in local server.
localhost:1313 in the address bar of your browser.