PHP Hit Counter
Simple hit counter for tracking website traffic, using PHP (PDO) and a MySQL database to store information.
- Track hits per page
- Track total hits
- Track total unique visitors
- Track IP, user agent, and timestamp information
- View consolidated information with tables and graphs
Add this snippet to the page you want to track:
require_once('conn.php'); require_once('counter.php'); updateCounter("page name"); // Updates page hits updateInfo(); // Updates hit info
Tested with PHP 5.4.16 and MySQL 5.1.72
- Make sure you have PHP Data Objects (PDO) enabled.
- Open up
conn.phpand add your database information where required.
install.php. A message will be displayed if the installation was successful.
- Add relevant code to the page you wish to track.
view.phpto view consolidated information (last 10 IP entries will displayed).
- Dygraphs fails to render for datasets with a large amount of points.
- Inspired by PHP - Page hit counter