A front-end project template based off of the workflow from the Sage WordPress starter theme and HTML5BP.
- BrowserSync for keeping multiple browsers and devices synchronized while testing, along with injecting updated CSS and JS into your browser while you're developing
- Bower for front-end package management
- asset-builder for the JSON file based asset pipeline
- normalize.css for a good CSS reset
Install gulp and Bower
Building the project requires node.js. We recommend you update to the latest version of npm:
npm install -g npm@latest.
From the command line:
- Install gulp and Bower globally with
npm install -g gulp bower
- Navigate to the theme directory, then run
You now have all the necessary dependencies to run the build process.
Available gulp commands
gulp— Compile and optimize the files in your assets directory
gulp watch— Compile assets when file changes are made
gulp --production— Compile assets for production (no source maps). Keep in mind that if you run this, you'll need to update the filenames in
index.htmlor wherever you have it yourself.
It happens automatically as soon as you run
gulp watch. Yay!
By default this repo uses Sass - but there is a Less branch availble for those who prefer Less.
For those using Sass, please keep in mind the gulfile uses
glup-sass - which uses libsass.