Clone this wiki locally
Just Enough Linux Operating System (JELOS) is a simple Linux distribution for ARM based devices that specializes in handhelds. My goal is to build an operating system that has the features and capabilities that I need, and to have fun building it.
- A 64bit Linux Operating System.
- An easy to use interface using EmulationStation
- Provides RetroArch, a variety of cores, Stand Alone Emulators, PortMaster, and ThemeMaster.
- Offers overclock and cooling profile support configurable globally, per system, or per game.
- Supports FAT32, ExFAT, and EXT4 file systems on devices with a second card slot.
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC WIFI support.
- Online updates for easy access to stable or development builds.
- Available for the Anbernic RG552, RG503, RG353P, RG351P/M, RG351MP, and the RG351V.
- Developed by a small, friendly community.
JELOS is a Linux distribution that is made up of many open-source components. Components are provided under their respective licenses. This distribution includes components licensed for non-commercial use only.
JELOS branding and images are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
Copyright 2021-present Fewtarius
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
- Download the latest version of JELOS (.img.gz) for your device.
- Decompress the image.
- Write the image to an SDCARD using an imaging tool. Common imaging tools include Balena Etcher, Raspberry Pi Imager, and Win32 Disk Imager. If you're skilled with the command line, dd works fine too.
- Download and install the update online via the System Settings menu.
- Download the latest version of JELOS (.tar or .img.gz) for your device.
- Copy the update to your device over the network or to the sdcard's update folder.
- Reboot the device, and the update will begin automatically.
- The username for ssh and samba access is "root". The root password is generated during every boot, it can be found in the System Settings menu.
- Hotkey Enable: Select (Hold)
- Exit: Start (Press Twice)
- Menu: X
- Show/Hide FPS: Y
- Save State: R1
- Load State: L1
- Rewind: L2
- Fast-Forward Toggle: R2
- Pause: Start
- Quit: Start+Select
- Force-Close: L1+Start+Select
- Skip 5s: R1
- Back 5s: L1
- Skip 60s: R2
- Back 60s: L2
- Brightness Up: L1+DPad-Up
- Brightness Down: L1+DPad-Down
Like any Linux distribution, this project is not the work of one person. It is the work of many persons all over the world who have developed the open source bits without which this project could not exist. Special thanks to CoreELEC, LibreELEC, Anbernic, and to developers and contributors across the ARM handheld community.