Link to app on Heroku at: http://bemymeme.herokuapp.com
Makers Academy Final Project
To create web-based dating app that allows users to express themselves through memes. The app requires users to be able to upload memes to their profile, from an existing memes library. Users should also be able to chat to each other in realtime.
The app should be created with strong TDD principles throughout. We will also be adhering to XP (extreme programming) methodology, and framing our progress in terms of XP values.
- Rails 5.0.2
- Action Cable
- API Integration
- Active Record
As a visitor So I know what BeMyMeme is about The homepage would have a preview of the chat interaction (splash screen) As a visitor So I can participate on BeMyMeme I should be able to create a profile and sign in As a user So I can hide my meme activity I should be able to sign out As a user So I can see potential matches I should be able to browse other users' profiles As a user So people can see my information I should have a profile page As a user So I have an extensive toolbox of memes at my disposal I should be able to browse from a gallery of memes As a user If I want to be able to initiate a proper chat with someone I should be able to send a message to another user As a user If I want to respond to a message from someone I should be able to send a message within a chat window exclusive to that user As a user Because I have a low patience threshold I should receive new messages in realtime
- Visit http://bemymeme.herokuapp.com
- Click 'Sign up'
- Fill out the form - remember to upload a profile pic!
- Visit 'My Profile'
- Click 'Add memes' - choose memes that express you from a gallery of memes!
- Click "BeMyMeme" to view all other users.
- Click on a user's profile to see their info.
- Click 'Lets Talk' to start up a conversation
- Select the user you wish to chat with.
- You can now send and receive messages in realtime!!!
- In terminal,
git clone https://github.com/Justinio14/BeMyMeme.git.
- Create Databases
- To run app on server, in terminal enter
localhost:3000to begin using app.