Open-Source On-Demand Commerce Platform
- Modern & Open Platform for On-Demand Economy
- Supports Single-Store and Multi-Store / Multi-Vendor / Peer-to-Peer Marketplaces
- Everything Reactive, Real-Time and Blazing Fast!
- Headless Commerce framework, which allows different implementations of store-fronts, Admin UIs and client apps. It exposes rich GraphQL, REST and WS APIs.
- Mobile ordering App for customers to make On-Demand orders (Hybrid / PWA, iOS and Android using Ionic / Ionic Native)
- Carrier (Driver) Mobile App for deliveries by carriers, drivers or service providers (iOS and Android using Ionic / Ionic Native)
- Customizing Shopping e-commerce Website for customers to make in-browser On-Demand purchases of food, goods or services
- Merchant Tablet App for Stores/Merchants/Warehouses to manage & track orders, organize deliveries, etc.
- Admin Website used to manage all platform features and settings in the single Web-based interface
- Multi-language and culture settings across Platform (i18N)
- Products Catalogs (global and per Merchant) with Multiple Product Images
- Inventory/Stock Management and Real-time Order Management/Processing across the Platform
- Deliveries/Shipping management and processing across Platform (shipping with real-time location tracking for On-Demand orders)
- Real-Time discounts, promotions and products/services availability updates
- Customers registration, Guest Checkouts, Invitations (optional)
- Gateway and Payment Processing (currently supported Payments Gateway - Stripe)
- Plugins / Extensions / Custom Fields (WIP)
- Tax Calculations
- Third-party Shipping providers integrations
- Users Roles / Permissions across Platform
- Large products catalogs with products variants, facets and full-text search
You can also track feature requests from the community in the separate repo.
A word of caution: We are in α (alpha), i.e. Ever® Platform™ is very much under development (work in progress, WIP).
Expect lots of changes and some
Technology Stack and Requirements
- TypeScript language (version >=2.9)
- Node.js (version >=10)
- Ionic (version 4) for Shopping Mobile App, Carrier Mobile App and Merchant Tablet App
- Shopping Website developed with Angular 7 using Angular Starter
- Admin Website developed with Angular version 7 using ngx-admin
- Headless Commerce framework (Backend APIs/Server) developed using Nest with heavy use of our own Pyro module. Supports GraphQL, REST and WS Real-Time APIs (WebSockets using Socket.io library)
- RxJS library used heavy in every part of the Platform
- InversifyJS used for Inversion Control / Dependency Injection in most parts of the Platform. On the Backend/API we also use DI provided by Nest
- MongoDB Database used with Mongoose ORM (supported MongoDB version >= 3.2; we recommend version >=4)
- We have ongoing effort (WIP) to add support for other databases using TypeORM and Prisma. Following additional DBs will be fully supported: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, SQLite, MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- For production, we integrate and recommend to use PM2
See also README.md and CREDITS.md files in relevant folders for lists of libraries and software included in the Platform, information about licenses and other details.
For a quick overview of each project in the Platform (Server, Admin, Shops, etc.), you can search for README.md file in the root of the projects folders. For example, see ./backend/api/README.md for Server (Backend) related overview.
We follow Gitflow Workflow, so the
develop branch may be in an unstable or even broken state during development. Please use releases or
master branch instead of the
develop branch in order to get more stable code.
Clone the Ever Platform Git repo:
git clone -c core.symlinks=true --recursive https://github.com/ever-co/ever.git
- if you want to use development branch (unstable, but latest development) clone using
- it's necessary to enable Git symlinks because they used for shared modules (every project has symlinks to shared modules in the /shared folder)
- because of symlinks, you may need to clone from an elevated command prompt (on Windows)
If you use Git >= v2.14, it probably makes sense to setup following globally:
git config --global core.symlinks true git config --global submodule.recurse true
- to setup Symlinks & Submodules recurse locally only (for Ever repo), remove
--globalin the commands above
- for older Git versions see this
- at the moment we are not using Git sub-modules, but it may change in the future (we were using them, but decided to drop for now in favor of symlinks)
Currently, we are using
Yarn (instead of
npm), so make sure you have latest Yarn version installed before running Ever Platform:
npm install -g yarn@latest
After git repo cloned, just run following command to install/bootstrap all dependencies:
Above command install required packages in all Platform projects using Lerna.
Note: if above command fails for any reason, you can try to install required packages manually by running
yarn inside every sub-folder with 'package.json' file
Lerna (manual installation)
We are using Lerna for mono-repo management. You need to run the following command from the working folder where you cloned Ever git repo, which install Lerna together with other packages:
You may instead install Lerna globally:
npm install lerna@latest -g
Now, after Lerna installed (locally or globally), you need to Bootstrap all dependencies manually:
yarn lerna bootstrap
The command above install all required packages for every sub-project of the Ever Platform.
Ever platform configured to use MongoDB by default and assume you have MongoDB service running and accepting connections on the default
localhost:27017. Please see relevant section in our documentation.
See relevant section in our documentation.
Run Platform Projects
Finally, each project from Ever Platform could start by single command from this list:
- Run API server
- Run Admin Website
yarn run:adminand open http://localhost:4200
- Run Shopping Mobile App
yarn run:shopmobileand open http://localhost:4201
- Run Merchant Ionic Tablet App
yarn run:merchantand open http://localhost:4202
- Run Carrier Mobile app
yarn run:carrierand open http://localhost:4203
- Run Shopping Website
yarn run:shopweband open http://localhost:3000
Note 1: during development you can run server with
yarn run:server:dev to enable watch on TS files changes
Note 2: on the first run, API Server (Backend) creates MongoDB local database
ever_development with the following (default) Admin user
You can use credentials above to login into Platform Admin App.
- Please give us
⭐on Github, it helps!
- You are more than welcome to submit feature requests in the separate repo
- Pull requests are always welcome! Please base pull requests against the develop branch and follow the contributing guide.
Collaborators and Contributors
- Alish Meklyov (Alish)
- Blagovest Gerov (BlagovestGerov)
- Boyan Stanchev (boyanstanchev)
- Elvis Arabadjiyski (Dreemsuncho)
- Emil Momchilov (jew-er)
Graphic Designer & QA
- Julia Konviser
- View all of our contributors
- Spectrum Community
- Gitter Chat
- Discord Chat
- For business inquiries: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please report security vulnerabilities to mailto:email@example.com
- Ever Platform @ Twitter
- Ever Platform @ Facebook
Ever Platform follows good security practices, but 100% security cannot be guaranteed in any software!
Ever Platform is provided AS IS without any warranty. Use at your own risk!
See more details in the LICENSE.md.
In a production setup, all client-side to server-side (backend, APIs) communications should be encrypted using HTTPS/WSS/SSL (REST APIs, GraphQL endpoint, Socket.io WebSockets, etc.).
This software is available under different licenses.
Ever Platform Community Edition License
Different parts of the Platform are made available under the terms of the separate Open-Source licenses:
- Shopping Mobile App and Carrier Mobile App under GNU General Public License v3.0
- Backend Api (Server), Admin Website, Merchant Tablet App and Merchant Website, Shopping Website under GNU Affero General Public License v3.0
- Pyro shared modules under MIT License
- Other shared modules under GNU General Public License v3.0
If you decide to choose the Ever® Platform Community™ Edition License, you must comply with the following terms:
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the corresponding licenses described in the LICENSE.md files located in software sub-folders and under the terms of licenses described in individual files.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You should have received a copy of the relevant GNU Licenses along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Ever Platform Enterprise License
Alternatively, commercial versions of the software must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of a separate written agreement between you and Ever Co. LTD.
For more information about Ever® Platform Enterprise™ License, please contact mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
The default Ever® Platform™ license, without a valid Ever® Platform Enterprise™ License agreement, is the Ever® Platform Community™ Edition License.
LICENSE.md for more information on licenses.Please see
The trademarks may only be used with the written permission of Ever Co. LTD. and may not be used to promote or otherwise market competitive products or services.
All other brand and product names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective holders.