Contribute To KB Support
Community made patches, localisations, bug reports and contributions are always welcome and are crucial to ensure KB Support remains a leading solution for providing a Helpdesk system on WordPress.
When contributing please ensure you follow the guidelines below so that we can keep on top of things.
Please Note: GitHub is for bug reports and contributions only - if you have a support question or a request for a customisation don't post here, head over to our Support pages instead.
- Do not report potential security vulnerabilities here. Email them privately to our security team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a ticket for your issue, assuming one does not already exist
- Raise it on our Issue Tracker
- Clearly describe the issue including steps to reproduce the bug
- Make sure you fill in the earliest version that you know has the issue as well as the version of WordPress you're using
- Fork the repository on GitHub
- Make the changes to your forked repository
- Ensure you stick to the WordPress Coding Standards
- When committing, reference your issue (if present) and include a note about the fix
- If possible, and if applicable, please also add/update unit tests for your changes
- Push the changes to your fork and submit a pull request to the 'master' branch of the KBS repository
- We ensure that every KBS function is documented well and follows the standards set by phpDoc
- Please make sure that every function is documented so that when we update our API Documentation things don't go awry!
- Finally, please use tabs and not spaces. The tab indent size should be 4 for all KBS code.
At this point you're waiting on us to merge your pull request. We'll send a 'thanks' and review all pull requests, and make suggestions and changes if necessary.