Kuesa module for Qt 3D
Kuesa is a module for Qt 3D which provides:
- Support for glTF 2 importing
- Helpers for accessing and manipulating loaded content
- Custom PBR material
- Custom forward renderer for adding effects
- A Qt Creator template for quickly creating new Kuesa based projects
Note: this repository requires git-lfs support.
Kuesa requires Qt 3D 5.12.0 or later.
Anything with OpenGL 3.2 support (or more recent) is adequate.
Currently supported operating systems are: *Linux *Windows *Mac OS
Here's a list of Chipsets/Devices Kuesa has successfully been tested on: *Apple iPad 5 (PowerVR GT7600) *Apple iPhone 7 *OnePlus 3T (Android, Qualcolmm Snapdragon 821/Adreno 430) *NVidia Tegra K1 (embedded Linux) *iMX8 (embedded Linux)
Kuesa can optionnally use the Draco mesh compression library, either through an embedded version, or a version present on the system. Draco can be used to dramatically decrease the size of glTF files.
Kuesa supports the
KHR_draco_mesh_compression glTF extension as defined here:
By default, Kuesa will build with its own embedded version of the Draco library. This can be enforced with:
qmake kuesa.pro -- --draco=qt
To build Kuesa without any support for Draco, run qmake like this:
qmake kuesa.pro -- --draco=no
To build Kuesa with an external version of Draco, run qmake like this:
qmake kuesa.pro -- --draco=system
If Draco is not installed in the default location on your system, you can
DRACOSDK environment variable to point to where Draco is installed.
DRACOSDK_LIBS environment variable to point to the folder containing
the Draco libraries.
Note that Kuesa has last been tested with Draco at commit 8833cf878e6fd43c5a3fd6e4231212e25e25e632.
The glTF editor, provided with Kuesa, is able to compress existing glTF 2.0 assets with Draco.
Kuesa is composed of:
- A Qt module with core classes
- A QML plugin
- The gltfEditor tool to preview and process glTF 2.0 files
- The assetprocessor, a command line tool to compress meshes, embed or extract binary assets, etc
- A simple glTFViewer application to view files, including selecting cameras and animations
- The cubemaptooctahedralmap tool to convert cube maps to octahedral maps to enable PBR rendering on ES 2 platforms
The glTF Editor can be used both by the designer and developer in order to preview and pre-process the content of glTF files.
The designers will use the editor to check the rendering of the scene, verify that materials are correct, preview animations, etc.
The developers will also use the editor check model properties such as sizes, asset names, etc.
The editor can also be used to compress meshes, embed (or extract) binary assets, etc.
In the 3d view, use the mouse to click on meshes to select them in the collection browser. Use:
- Simple click to select meshes
- Shift-click to select materials
- Alt-click to select entities
Kuesa builds as a Qt module and will be installed alongside Qt.
qmake make make install
Should examples not be built, try:
make sub-examples cd examples make install
To install the Qt Creator template, copy the entire kuesa folder
tools/qtc_templates to the
templates/wizards folder inside
the Qt Creator install location.
Kuesa uses the following 3rd-party software: