A React (with TypeScript) Web App (Game)
A React-based game inspired by a Codewars kata.
- This game is for 2-7 players who will take turns selecting lines to form boxes.
- Scoring is 1 point per box pinned.
- Line colors have no distinction other than one is horizontal and one is vertical, and the alternating colors felt visually appealing.
- GitHub Pages
- CodePen Version (working demo)
- Process Flowchart -- This flowchart outline depicts the primary ICDots process flow. It was done at about 90% project completion, was finalized in tandem with project completion, and took about a day to complete. [https://www.draw.io](@drawio rocks!)
Working on this project provided me a more in-depth look into
- React (16.2.0)
- TypeScript (2.13.0)
- Local component state and props
Other Potential Enhancements
- Save states to local storage.
- Activate multi-game option (the code is already in place for this).
- Enable real-time playing (2-way data binding...?)
Tribute | Create React App with TypeScript
You can find the most recent version of the CRA guide here.
create-react-app my-app --scripts-version=react-scripts-ts
> In most cases bumping the react-scripts version in package.json and running npm install in this folder should be enough, but it’s good to consult the changelog for potential breaking changes.