Welcome to FixMyStreet Platform
FixMyStreet Platform is an open source project to help people run websites for reporting common street problems such as potholes and broken street lights to the appropriate authority.
Users locate problems using a combination of address and sticking a pin in a map without worrying about the correct authority to report it to. FixMyStreet then works out the correct authority using the problem location and type and sends a report, by email or using a web service such as Open311. Reported problems are visible to everyone so they can see if something has already been reported and leave updates. Users can also subscribe to email or RSS alerts of problems in their area.
It was created in 2007 by mySociety for reporting problems to UK councils and has been copied around the world. The FixMyStreet Platform is now at version 1.2.
- v1.2 (3rd May 2013)
- Add MAPIT_ID_WHITELIST to allow easier use of global MapIt
- Add postfix to the install script/ AMI so emailing works out of the box
- Add an extra zoom level to the OSM maps
- Add the Catalyst gzip plugin so HTML pages are gzipped
- Fix an issue with the All Reports summary statistics not including some open states, such as 'in progress'
- v1.1.2 (15th March 2013)
- Include the 'cpanfile' now required by carton, the Perl package management program we use.
- v1.1.1 (22nd February 2013)
- Hotfix to fix missed iPhone width bug
- v1.1 (22nd February 2013)
- Addition of bodies so that the organisations that reports are sent to can cover multiple MapIt administrative areas, or multiple bodies can cover one area, and other related scenarios
- Admin display improvements
- Various minor updates and fixes (e.g. a --debug option on send-reports, and coping if MapIt has its debug switched on)
- v1.0 (24th October 2012)
- Official launch of the FixMyStreet platform
We've been working hard to make FixMyStreet Platform easy to install and re-use in other countries - please see our site at http://code.fixmystreet.com/ for help and documentation in installing FixMyStreet Platform.