Extremely fast Photo and Video organizer. Photos and Videos are organized/archived based on their creation time extracted from metadata embedded within the media.
- Supports .jpg, .tiff, .cr2 (Canon RAW), .mov, .mts, .mp4
- Extremely fast as it is written in pure Ruby with no additional gems/libraries/binaries needed.
- Photos and Videos are identified based on file content (file magic) and not from file extension.
- Parses and extracts the creation/modification time from exif/metadata embedded within the photo/video. No external exif parsers (like exiftool) is required.
- Duplicate detection based on checksum (CRC/Adler32). Duplicate media can be skipped or marked "DUPLICATE" and archived.
MediaArchiver.rb from the command line
MediaArchiver.rb -d [0/1/2] # Enable duplicate detection. # The mode signifies the action to take # 0 = No duplicate detection. Copy all files # 1 = Detect and skip all duplicates # 2 = Detect and mark duplicates -i INPUT_DIR # The input folder where original media is found -o OUTPUT_DIR # The output folder where media is to be archived -v # Verbose output -c # Check the INPUT_DIR for proper archival of media, # move them to OUTPUT_DIR if improperly archived -n # Dry Run. Does not actually move/copy files, # but lets you see what would happen.