Dash User Contributed Docsets
Report a bug or request a docset
Install a docset
You can install these docsets from Dash's Preferences > Downloads > User Contributed.
Contribute a new docset
To contribute a docset, follow the steps below. If you get stuck at any point or have any questions, open an issue. I'll help.
Notice: You might qualify for a free Dash license if you had to write your own generation script to make the docset (e.g. docsets made using doc2dash, javadocset or similar do not qualify). Please mention your email address in the pull request if you'd like to request a free license.
- Generate a docset by following the instructions at http://kapeli.com/docsets
- Note: you can ignore the instructions regarding docset feeds. You won't need them if you plan to contribute to this repo
- Make sure your docset fulfils all the required criteria on the Docset Contribution Checklist and as many of the optional ones as possible
- Check out the Versioning Guidelines to understand how docset versioning works in Dash
- Fork and clone this repo
- Set up your directory structure:
- Copy the
Sample_Docsetfolder into the
docsetsfolder and rename it. Use the same name as your docset, but replace whitespaces with underscores. Note: don't add
_Docsetat the end of the name, just use the docset name (e.g.
ExtJS) and nothing else.
- Archive your docset using:
tar --exclude='.DS_Store' -cvzf <docset name>.tgz <docset name>.docset
- Copy your docset archive
- Note: don't worry about this repo's size getting huge. As soon as your docset gets distributed to my CDN, it will get removed from the repo automatically. If your docset exceeds GitHub's file limit of 100 MB, open an issue and we'll figure out a different way to submit your docset
- Include an
32x32or simply delete the sample icon if you don't want an icon at all
- Edit the docset.json file. Make sure to follow the same naming rules as the sample (i.e. your docset name should be the same as the archive name, but replace whitespaces with underscores)
- Edit the README.md
- Copy the
- Submit a pull request