[Not Finished] Hackintosh Tutorial For HP Envy x360 15-aq160sa
The following is a tutorial created by me (@KaylumJ). The tutorial will show you how to download MacOS Mojave 10.14 in order to create the bootable USB, how to create all the EFI files to make the bootable USB able to boot into the installer and also some common errors and potential fixes.
In order to create the bootable USB we will need some things:
- A USB >= 16GB
- A Virtual Machine Running MacOS or an Apple Mac/Macbook (I Will Show You How To Make A Virtual Machine)
- A System You Would Like To Install MacOS Mojave To (I Chose My HP Envy)
- Adminstrator Access
Creating MacOS Virtual Machine
You can skip this section if you already have a virtual machine running macos or a working Mac/Macbook. If you do not have any of these this section will show you how to create a virtual machine. This tutorial will show you how to create a virtual machine using VMWare (https://www.vmware.com/). You will also need to download the patch tools for VMware will will allow you to create a MacOS Virtual Machine. Before we start ensure you have downloaded all of the following:
- Unlocker302 (https://github.com/DrDonk/unlocker/releases/download/3.0.2/unlocker302.zip)
- MacOS Virtual Machine Image (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mj-i5bAg5Gz6zPfyaM9NUA08vKqmTrx2/view)
If you have all of the following you are ready to start. The first thing you want to do is ensure that VMware is closed, once it is closed you want to open the Unlocker302 folder and run win-install as administrator.
After the script has completed you can close it down and open VMware. You want to click the "Create A New Virtual Machine" button.
A new diaglogue box should now pop up. You should follow the following sequence in order to create your virtual machine
- Select the "Typical (recommended)" option and click next
- Select the "I will install the operating system later" option and click next
- Select the "Apple Mac OS X" option and "macOS 10.14" in the dropdown and click next (If you do not have the Apple Mac OS X option then you did not install the patch tools correctly
- You can keep the default name and directory for the virtual machine or you can change them and click next
- Don't change anything for this page and just select next
- Finally, click the finish button
You should now see your new virtual machine appear in the left navigational pane. You now want to right click your virtual machine and select "Settings...". A new pane should open up. You can increase your memory as you wish, if you don't know what you are doing leave it as default. The next step is to click "Hard Disk (SATA)" and click the remove button. After this you are going to want to click add and follow the next set of steps.
- Select "Hard Disk" and click next
- Select "SATA" and click next
- Now select "Use existing virtual disk" and click next
- Now click "Browse" and select the MacOS Mojave 10.14 file you downloaded earlier (The large file) and click finish
- Close out of the settings dialogue box
You have now created your virtual machine. You can now click on your virtual machine and click "Power on this virtual machine". You can continue to cpmplete the macos install tutorial. Once you have installed you should also install VMware Tools, this is not needed but can make the following steps easier. To do this you need to login to your macos virtual machine then on the ribbon at the top select "VM" and then "Install VMware Tools".
You should follow the installer which will require a restart after. Once you have completed this you are now ready to create your MacOS Installer.
This is a list of some of the people that made making my hackintosh possible: