What is K4X?
K4X will be a platform game engine that will allow developers to quickly create Sonic-style platform games. It's the final combination of the following other projects on my GitHub:
- Kazmath - A 3D math library
- KGLT - An OpenGL graphics engine
- Spindash - A Sonic-style physics engine
- Platformation - A platform game level editor
- Kaztimer - A game timer library
- Kaztext - An OpenGL font and text rendering library
- Kazbase - My own C++ base library - A Prettier syntax wrapper for boost, STL and curl
All of these projects have been working towards this end goal of creating a platform game engine that runs at 4x the resolution of the Mega Drive.
Currently only some of the base infrastructure has been coded, you get a nice blank GL window for now :)