Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Fix some id3 tags not being found when scanning the library
(you will need to re-scan the library for it to take effect)
playback:previousevent not working from Tray or Dock menu
- Hotfix for some context-menus not appearing anymore
- Added monochrome tray on macOS
- Added dock icon menu on macOS
- Re-organize main-process
- Switched from
music-metadata, simplifying some scan internals
- Updated to
bluebirdto use native promises
- Fixed headerbar title showing "index.html" when changing route
- Fixed error alert when a second instance of the app is launched on Ubuntu and Windows
- Fixed issues with library is reset:
- Playlist are now correctly removed
- Library screen message is now the correct one
- Fixed Museeks logo not showing is settings/about
Yes it took some time, but 11 months after the last release and 20K additional downloads later, Museeks 0.9 is finally here. Not a huge load of changes though, but you may welcome some of the following improvements:
No more portable versions (they may come back if there is a need for them), installers are now there: a single .exe file for Windows, a .app for macOS, and .AppImage, .deb and .rpm for Linux
(Snaps may come, but I am getting trouble building 32bits snap with a 64bits system).
Also, I could not test them all, please report any issues if you encounter some :)
This stupid feature should have been there a long time ago, but this not trivial to implement, you can now sort every column by ascending or descending order :)
The mac version of the app was extremely buggy and not really well integrated. Everything should act like a normal app now:
- Native window controls
- Multi-track selection
- Dock icon right-click + close to exit the app
- Dock icon click to show the app
- Use system fonts
- Fix "Museeks interrupting logout"
Better CPU usage
It is not a secret, executing an Electron app can be really CPU consuming. We fixed some really important issues with some scenarios (the CPU sometimes going at a constant 40% usage), and reduced the overall power consumption.
Things can probably still be improved, we will see how we can do even better things in the future about this issue.
Custom scroll-bar on the library view
A lot of people complained the scroll-bar being too thin to catch with a mouse, and the conflict with resizing the app. It should not be a problem anymore.
- Fix context-menus sometimes being displayed synchronously (and blocking the rendering process)
- Fix shuffle rollback (again... it should be fixed for good now)
- Better play button behavior when the player is not playing any song
- Better native notifications (kudos to @complexSandwich for the trick)
- Better playlists behaviors when deleting them
- Simplified the development process
Under the hood
- Updated Electron, V8 and Node.js
- Switched to
- Greatly simplified our use of Redux
- Added sass-lint
- A lot of invisible layout improvements, removing a lot of hard-coded values
- Your usual amount of code refactoring
A big big big thank you to @YurySolovyov for all the advice and code reviews <3
- Fix playing-bar's tooltip wrong positioning
- Fix covers not being fetched when having special characters in their paths
Museeks 0.8 is finally out, I thought it would never be released. Sorry for this long development time, but a lot of stuff happened to me for the past few months, combined with my legendary laziness... well, let's move on.
Museeks reached 20'000 downloads a few days ago, that is just crazy. I received supporting mails, bug reports and features ideas from all over the world, thanks to all of you for your support, this really matters to me.
Enough talk, here's what's new:
Tray is here, you can now close Museeks and still have it playing your music. You can also control the player from the tray icon.
New library management
We dropped this folder-based + refresh system for a simple dropzone where you can drag&drop your folders and files directly in the library settings page.
The UI is not frozen anymore when refreshing the library: you can now listen to your music and still add files to it.
Scan performances were also nicely improved and we fixed some memory leaks.
New dark theme
The dark theme was poor I got to say. Too light, pretty ugly... We updated it with darker black/blue-ish colors.
New playing indicator
We updated the playing indicator, it now has a fancy animation, and you can play/pause the player by clicking on it.
FLAC is finally here.
We finally added custom controls for minimize and maximize.
If Museeks is hidden and a new track is being played, a small notification will be displayed to show you the track informations. You can disable it in the options.
- Better OPUS format handling
- Play button automatically plays the first song when the player is stopped
- Added an option to open a track's corresponding folder in your file manager
- Sexier settings
- Pause the player when entering in sleep mode
- Improved search speed (should be instant now)
- Larger and sexier tracks rows
- Remove add 'to queue' from context menu if playerStatus is pause
- Ctrl-F select the search input
As usual, tons of bugfixes and improvements:
- Fix playlist rename
- Fix mediakeys
- Fix forgotten options on startup
- Lots of minor UI fixes
- Fix sleep-blocker toggler
- Fix shuffle rollback
- Add cover support
- If the track has an ID3 cover, it will be used
- If there is a
[album|albumart|cover|folder].[jpg|png|bmp|gif]in the track folder, the first matching file will be used
- If the above solution fails, a "no-cover" fallback image is used
- Add an option to run Museeks with the OS's native frame
- Add an option in the track list context menu to filter by album/artist
- Add files with uppercase extensions when scanning the library (e.g
- Add notifications after some actions
- Add a link to library in empty playlist
- Add an track play counter (not shown yet in the UI though)
- Add a troubleshooting section in Settings/About
- Improved queue drag&drop management
- More natural volume change
- Drop NeDB for LinvoDB3 with LevelJS: you will need to refresh your library
- Update to Electron 1.4.0
- Fix library refresh with some file without metadata and some .wav
- Fix library not scanning files without a lowercase extension (e.g .WAV) (thanks @YurySolovyov)
- Fix playback rate and volume not setting correctly on startup
- Fix play/pause global shortcut
- Fix error notification appearing on start-up when the auto-update checker fails
- Fix default volume value
Under the hood
- A lot of code changes and improvements
- Ensure Track path unique index
classnamesto manage conditional classes
fetchinstead of classic XHR request
- Split reducers in smaller ones
- Add eslint
- Add an action to restart the app
- Fix app name
- Fix app icon on OSX (thanks @Suriteka)