Kentico Cloud Sample Application for Android TV
By default, it displays content from a Sample Project that demonstrates Kentico Cloud features and best practices. This fully featured project contains marketing content for Dancing Goat – an imaginary chain of coffee shops. If you don't have your own Sample Project, any admin of a Kentico Cloud subscription can generate one.
- Install Android Studio and the latest Android SDK tools.
- Clone or download the repository into a chosen folder.
- Open the project in the IDE, let it install all the necessary libraries and tools.
- Create a virtual TV device, for example with specifications 1080p, and Android API 25.
- Run the project witht the created TV device as a specified deployment target.
- Navigate to https://app.kenticocloud.com in your browser.
- Sign in with your credentials.
- Manage content in the content administration interface of your sample project.
You can learn more about content editing with Kentico Cloud in the documentation.
- In order to utilize your own project instead of the default one, you need to change the
KENTICO_CLOUD_PROJECT_IDconstant in the
AppConfig.javafile to the ID of your own project.
- The project ID can be found on Kentico Cloud by navigating to Project Settings and then to API Keys
Building the project in Android Studio creates an
.apkfile, located in
The file can be used to install the application on a TV, using the Android Debug Bridge.
The Developer Mode and Allow USB debugging modes have to be turned on the TV.
By connecting the laptop and the TV with a USB cable and having both of them on the same network, one can install the app:
adb connect <TV_IP_ADDRESS>
adb install <PATH_TO_.APK_FILE>
The TV has to be connected to the Internet in order to retrieve content from Kentico Cloud.