Keppy's MIDI Converter
Keppy's Updates Server on Discord
I also post my updates on Discord, to keep everyone up-to-date 24/7! Join now here: https://discord.gg/jUaHPrP
I want to contribute with a translation!
Click this link and follow the guide.
Can I use your program's source code for my program?
Sure you can, but there are a few "rules" you need to follow.
What you can do:
- Take parts of the code, and use it on your apps. (As long as you credit me, BASS.NET and Un4seen.)
- Share the code on websites outside of the GitHub world. (Again, same as before.)
- Create ports of the converter for other operating systems, such as Linux, Mac OS X, Amiga etc... Any other O.S. other than Windows. Mobile ports are allowed too. (See down below for further explanations.)
What you can't do:
- Clone the source code of the converter, and change its name to "(Your name)'s MIDI Converter". I mean, why would you do that?
- Create ports of the converter in different programming languages, but with Windows support. There's already a Windows version, which is this one.
Where did you get the idea?
This was actually supposed to be a clone of Free MIDI to MP3 Converter, then I changed myself, and had the idea of making my OWN converter.
Windows SmartScreen tells me that this app might infect my computer. Are you trying to steal my data???
Why would I publish KMC on GitHub then, to get sued by them? I already have money issues irl, no needs to have more on the Internet. Anyway no I'm not, the app is completely safe. The source code is on-line, even. Take a look if you don't trust my words.
How can I get the converter without installing it?
There's a portable version of Keppy's MIDI Converter too. Take a look here.
Is there any version for Linux and Mac OS X?
There was a Java version, but it's extremely outdated. KMC works under Wine w/ Mono though.
Requirements (Compiled program)
- Windows Vista SP1+ or newer.
- 256MB of RAM.
- DirectX 8+ compliant sound card. (Vista-ready drivers are recommended, but XP WDM is supported)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
Requirements (For compiling the program)
- Windows 7 SP1 or newer.
- 2GB of RAM or more.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017. (or newer, your choice)
- BASS.NET by Radio42.
- Thanks Ian Luck for his wonderful BASS libraries! Take a look at them here: Un4seen website
- Thanks to Radio42 for his BASS.NET wrapper, that allows me to develop VB.NET/C# apps based off BASS libraries! Link: BASS.NET
- Thanks to Jonathan from 365Icons, for the wonderful icon set used for the language selector! You can find the icon set here: Click me
- Thanks to wyDay for VistaMenu, which I'm using to add icons to the default MainMenu control (MenuStrip is garbage). Download it here: Click me