A tool for manipulating algebraic expressions and equations.
- works with equations and expressions
- basic operations: +, -, *, /
- integers and fractions
- adjust the amount help it gives the student
- history with descriptions of actions
- hint system (when running the server locally)
- powers and roots
- absolute value
- system of equations
- vectors and matrices
- differentiation and integration
npm start(requires node version 4+)
- in another terminal
- open http://localhost:3000 in a browser
Supported URL Params
- start: URL encoded expression or equation, default:
2x + 5 = 10
- end: URL encoded expression or equation, default:
x = 5/2
- eliminateZero: if an
evaluateaction results in a zero, we will automatically remove it. TODO: handle division by zero
- eliminateDivByOne: if a
canceloperation results in division by one, we will automatically remove it.
- autoeval: compute the result of an
evaluateaction instead of asking the user to input the result.
- hints: enables hint system (only works when running locally)
Please report bugs and feature requests to https://github.com/khan/algebra-tool/issues.