Quick Tap to Snap
Quick Tap to Snap is a currently Pixel exclusive feature which allows you to use Snapchat while locked, albeit with a number of restrictions to prevent your account being accessible without unlocking.
You're able to open Snapchat and take a Snap, but will need to unlock to send it, view others' Snaps, the map, or your friends list. You can read more about Quick Tap to Snap here.
With Tap, Tap, you are able to make use of this feature with the same features as you are used to, including gates and requirements, and are able to use it on non-Pixel devices (if you have root).
Note: "Pixel" here refers to officially supported Pixel devices. If your Pixel does not support Quick Tap (you can check by looking in the system Settings, under System > Gestures, where "Quick Tap" will be shown if it is available), you will need to follow the other devices setup below.
Setting up Quick Tap to Snap to work with Tap, Tap requires you to reboot your device twice, so please make sure you are able to do this before proceeding.
- Enable the system Quick Tap feature, in Settings > Gestures > Quick Tap. It does not matter what action is set. Reboot.
- Open Snapchat, you should be prompted to enable Quick Tap to Snap, follow the steps on screen to do so. If you are not, uninstall and reinstall Snapchat (Warning: this may delete some local data). At this point, Quick Tap to Snap should work but Tap, Tap will not.
- Disable the system Quick Tap feature, in Settings > Gestures > Quick Tap, and reboot again.
Quick Tap to Snap is now set up and should work with Tap, Tap. Add the action in the app and you will be no longer prompted to follow the additional setup.
Please note: There is a cooldown period of 5 days between Snapchat being able to set itself as the Quick Tap action. If you are still not prompted to enable Quick Tap to Snap after reinstalling, you may need to wait for the cooldown period to end.
You will need a rooted device to enable Quick Tap to Snap if the phone is not an officially supported device
- Open Tap, Tap and add an action, select Quick Tap to Snap under "Launch"
- You will be prompted to give root access, grant it.
- Follow the instructions on screen to set up Quick Tap to Snap. You will be required to temporarily disable your internet connection during this process.