Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- New Light theme (#6)
- Portable mode (#56, by CTrauma)
- Fullscreen support
- Installers for all major platforms (#3)
- F1 overlay with available keyboard commands (#25, #37)
- (MacOs only) Translucent background
- Margins now adapt to available space (#44)
- Updated Fira Code, with more and improved symbols and better Retina support
FromScratch now has a light theme and a portable mode. You can now also run FromScratch full screen without any UI visible. FromScratch now comes as an installable program and has an additional help overlay when you press F1. Beyond that, 1.4.0 includes a number of performance improvements and bugfixes.
- Checkbox support, press ctrl + / to add or toggle checkbox #36
- Updated Fira Code, with more and improved symbols
- Style updates: scrollbar now no longer influences line length
- Fix a long standing issue with alternate keyboard layouts #9
- FromScratch is slightly smaller
FromScratch now includes version 1.204 of Fira Code, with more and improved symbols. You can now easily add and toggle checkboxes at the beginning of a line using ctrl+/ or cmd+/. 1.3.0 further includes some style fixes and improved packaging.
- Add search, replace, replace all and go to line shortcuts to Fromscratch
- Update depenencies
FromScratch can now do search, search and replace, replace all and go to line operations. Matched items are highlighted in the text as well as in the scrollbar-area.
Visit https://fromscratch.rocks for more information
- Inactive update bar now no longer visible when text is zoomed out.
This is a bugfix release.
- Note-folding added
- Update notifier added
- UI improved
FromScratch can now collapse sections of your note so you can keep overview of all your notes. When there is a new version, a small update notifier will appear. The UI has been improved with a visible scrollbar and highlighting of the current row.
Visit https://fromscratch.rocks for more information, or check out the accompanying blog post: https://kilianvalkhof.com/2016/apps/fromscratch-1-1-0/
Initial release of FromScratch, a simple but smart note taking application.
- small and simple, the only UI is the text you type
- automatically saves everything you type, no need to manually save
- handy shotcuts to move lines around to quickly order your content
- automatic indenting
- replaces common syntax into better looking symbols, such as arrows
Visit http://fromscratch.rocks for more information
For Arch users, FromScratch is available on AUR