Welcome to Excavator!
Excavator converts data into Rock RMS from other church management systems.
Imports from FellowshipOne and CSV are currently supported.
What You'll Need To Get Started
- A local or hosted version of Rock
- A login to the Rock SQL database
- Your old database in a supported format
- Excavator files( see below for download )
- Excavator.zip (see below for instructions!)
What If I Have A Problem?
- If you have a problem with the import, please file an issue on Github: Excavator Issues
- Please include the type of import (F1 or CSV) in the title and your Windows environment settings in the body.
- Example issue: "CSV: Can't import prefix with special characters"
Please note that the master branch contains fully-tested code; develop branch is beta/in-progress.
Does Excavator crash after opening or trying to use it?
Downloaded .exe and .dll files on Windows are blocked to prevent users from accidentally downloading and running malicious applications. If you've just downloaded Excavator.zip, follow the guide below to unblock all the contents of the zip file at once.
If you've already extracted the contents of Excavator.zip, make sure to unblock each file by doing the following:
For each .exe and .dll file in the directory:
- Right-click on the individual file
- Select Properties to open the properties window.
- Check the "Unblock" checkbox.
- Click "Apply".
- Click "OK".
========= Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. You may not use this application except in compliance with the License.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.