This update brings improvements to automation - less clutter on screen during automated uninstallation and new command-line utility: BCU-console.exe. This utility can be used for scripting to remove application lists fully automatically and with no GUI.
- Added console utility for scripting - fully automatic uninstalls
- Added quick filters menu and new filtering presets
- Added ability to filter appications by them having startup entries
- Added ability to hide automatized uninstaller windows (enabled by default)
- Added scrollbars to setting pages that can overflow to fix cutoffs
- Uninstaller automation window now has opacity when not focused
- Improved identification of dialog boxes during automation, fixes some rare problems
- Updated taskscheduler and dotnetzip libraries
- Updated manual
- Fixed possible resource leak
- Refactoring and minor bugfixes
This update adds support for Chocolatey application manager, alongside some requested utilities and bugfixes.
- Added support for Chocolatey application manager
- Added automatic removal of uninstalled apps from Chocolatey (if possible)
- Added ability to export uninstall commands to a batch file
- Added ability to create a PowerShell script that removes selected Store Apps
- Added "Tools" -> "Troubleshoot uninstallation problems" tool
- Added option to disable quiet uninstall daemon
- Added capability to pre-create junk early during app detection (for now used only for Chocolatey)
Fixes and improvements
- Renamed export function to be less confusing about its function
- Improved merging of similar application entries, fixed duplicate uninstallers
- Updated Steam publisher string
- Fixed apps that are no longer present still being seen as checked
- Fixed detected startup entries sometimes being lost during application scan
NOTE: Automatic updates are broken for the moment, you will have to download it manually. New version will open the download page instead of automatically updating.
- Added capability to open update link in web browser
- Fixed treemap not working correctly with only 1 item on the list
- Blacklisted "Installer" folder for drive scanning
- Relaxed overly strict check for questionable directory names
- Updated rate link to a new website
- Fixed checked applications not being "seen" as checked if they are filtered out. Clicking uninstall will now properly uninstall them.
- Fixed crashes when OLV objects collection is not yet initialized
- Fixed some ObjectDisposedException crashes in OLV
- Fixed disposed OLV crash when filtering and shutting down
- Fixed crash with legend window updating position during shutdown
- Added extra debug info
- Fixed a crash when trying to show an error message during loading
- Fixed a mistake causing bad detection rate of file/folder junk
- Fixed junk scan for Steam apps detecting shortcuts of other Steam apps
- Fixed library reference issue in StoreAppHelper
- Updated libraries
Mostly a bugfix release.
- Added toolbar button in advanced filters to delete default filters
- Added error message when trying to start empty uninstall task, prevents crash
- Added section about Treemap to the manual
- Improved related uninstaller detection (when starting uninstall)
- Fixed some new Windows Features having no name
- Fixed crash on start and uninstaller info copy for people using UmAlQuraCalendar
- Fixed "Delete caches" button not working properly; Better handle enabling/disabling caches
- Fixed huge estimated size when install path is set to an invalid (system) directory
- Fixed \Windows directory sometimes not being detected as system dir
- Updated Polish translation
- Merged update to Spanish translation by Jhovany200
- Cleaned up some other translations
This release is signed again - when launching it should show as verified. Otherwise it's a minor bugfix and feature update.
- Added option to install NET 3.5 feature in tools (if possible)
- Added link to "Disk Cleanup" to tools menu
- Fixed app.manifests not copying for helpers, causing NET 3.5 install dialogs
- Merged update to Spanish translation by Jhovany200
- Merged update to French translation by Thierry
This update focuses on updating translations. Sorry it took so long! I was busy, so the translators take the most of the cake.
My code signing certificate ran out, so when launching BCU you will get the "Unknown publisher" message. I'm in process of renewing it, so this should be fixed by the next version.
- Changed the news popup to be more generic, show useful links
- Updated Readme.md
- Removed unused code / Code cleanup
- Fixed some text in settings getting cut off in translations
- Update to Arabic translation by lculator
- Update to Czech translation by Richard Kahl
- Update to Dutch translation by Jaap Kramer
- Update to Italian translation by Luca Carrabba
- Update to Russian translation by wvxwxvw
- Update to Slovenian translation by Jadran
- Update to Spanish translation by Jhovany200
This update introduces caching to application scanning and certificate verification. The caches are generated on first application list refresh, and greatly reduce loading times for subsequent refreshes.
Additionally, there's treemap and misc. bugfixes, and a new translation - Brazilian Portuguese by Silvio Corral.
- Added caching of gathered application info
- Added caching of certificates
- Added caching options
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation by Silvio Corral
- Fixed a crash when there's no app with valid estimated size visible
- Fixed right-clicking on tree view and in list with shortcut not working until user right-clicks on the list with mouse
- Fixed FileSize not exporting
- Dynamically generate the list of translators in credits, fixes some translations
- Fixed post build events copying old assemblies
- Refactoring, reorganizing, cleanup and all that jazz
After being stuck for a long time on version 3 of BCU, adding small improvements and fixing problems, it's finally time for a bigger update with changes to the interface.
- As you've probably noticed, there is something new under the application list - a treemap that shows installed applications by size. You can hover and click on the tree map, and it will act as if you clicked on the application list.
- Another change is the uninstallation dialog - now when you click uninstall, BCU will show a step-by-step dialog.
- All silent deinstallers will now be automatized, so if something goes wrong and a message pops up, uninstallation won't get stuck anymore.
Thank you for all the support!
Thank you to everyone who donated, translated, tested, shared, or otherwise supported BCU this year! Without your help, feedback and support progress on BCU would be much slower, or even stop completely.
Your support helped me release new versions (relatively) regularly and let me buy software and hardware that greatly helped with the development. (Code signing certificate, more RAM to run tests in virtual machines, hosting etc.)
And for this, I wish everyone who uses BCU happy Christmas and a happy new year!
- Added a treemap to the main window, works the same as the application list
- Added uninstall automatization to all silent uninstallers - prevents silent uninstalls from getting stuck on dialogs
- Added detection of related apps when uninstalling - BCU will ask if you want to uninstall them as well
- Added new pre-uninstallation dialog - combines previous pop-ups and adds more options
- Added "View unregistered" view option
- Added a news popup on first start or update
- Added system requirements section to readme
- Merged Spanish language updates (#153)
- Made automatizer keep looking for windows instead of failing after few seconds
- During installation, if .NET 4.* is installed don't try to install .NET 3.5
- Fixed crash when BCU is unpacked directly to the root of a drive
- Fixed crash on some systems when refreshing main list view (HasAnyHyperlinks)
- Fixed error when searching through Browser Helper Objects registry with insufficient permissions
- Fixed "View xyz" menu items not doing anything if advanced filtering is enabled
- Refactoring of ListViewTools monstrocity, broken down into parts
- Refactoring and organizing of forms and function classes
- Refactoring and organizing custom controls and pop-ups