Kha is a low level sdk for building games and media applications in a portable way. Think SDL, but super-charged. Based on the Haxe programming language and the krafix shader-compiler it can cross-compile your code and optimize your assets for even the most obscure systems. Kha is so portable, it can in fact run on top of other game engines and its generational graphics and audio api design gets the best out of every target, supporting super fast 2D graphics just as well as high end 3D graphics. Also, Kha probably added a new target while you were reading this text.
- Great performance on each platform.
- Generational graphical/audio API design.
- Hardware accelerated 2D and high-end 3D graphics. Fallback support (i.e. html5 canvas).
- Can run on top of other game engines (i.e. Unity3D).
- Write shaders in GLSL and cross-compile to target specific shaders.
- Kha apps can also be compiled to C# or Java libraries
- Flexible and robust backend system. Adding your own takes little effort and is straight forward.
- One API for all platforms!
- HTML5 (WebGL 2, WebGL and canvas or running in a WebWorker)
- Windows (Direct3D 12, Direct3D 11, Direct3D 9, Vulkan or OpenGL)
- Linux (Vulkan or OpenGL)
- macOS (Metal or OpenGL)
- Android (Vulkan or OpenGL and via C++ or via Java)
- iOS (Metal or OpenGL)
- Raspberry Pi
- Universal Windows Platform (Direct3D 12 or Direct3D 11)
- Node.js (for automatically created server versions)
- Java and AWT
- C# and Windows Presentation Foundation
- PlayStation 4*
- PlayStation 5*
- Xbox One*
- Xbox Series X|S*
- Nintendo Switch*
* The consoles code is not public. If you are a registered developer with Microsoft/Nintendo/Sony you can contact us to get access.