pfSense Backup allows you to backup the complete configuration of your pfSense or OPNSense server using this command line application. It is easy to include this in a larger script for your backups and schedule it i.e. with the Windows Task Scheduler or in an Azure Function v3. It supports pfSense installations running at least pfSense version 1.2 up to the most recent pfSense version including pfSense Plus and OPNSense 19.7. It can be ran on a Windows machine, Mac, Linux and ARM devices such as the Raspberry Pi.
2.6.0 - released February 21, 2021 download
- Added support for pfSense v2.5.0
- Upgraded to .NET Core 3.1
This tool is self contained and does not have any dependencies on any frameworks. Under releases you will find compiled versions for Windows, Linux, iOS both on x64 machines and on ARM devices.
Usage Instructions on Windows
- Copy the downloaded .exe from releases to any location on a Windows machine where you want to use the tool
- Run the downloaded .exe to see the command line options
- Run the downloaded .exe with the appropriate command line options to connect to your pfSense or OPNSense server and download the backup