Citation Style for Science Podcasts
Journal- & DOI-based citation style for inserting hyper-linked bibliography entries into WordPress-based podcast show notes. It shall enhance both:
- the discoverability of the podcast episode by people who search the Internet for a study author(s), title or DOI, and
- the ability of show note readers to quickly assess the relevance of the study to their interests
How to Use
- Download & unpack this repository
- Optional: If you want this style to appear with a more memorable name then
Podcastin Zotero, open the .csl file with a text editor and change
- Import the .csl into your reference manager. In Zotero, this works via
Preferences | Cite | Style | +. Others have not been tested so far. Feedback welcome!
- Assuming you already have imported your reference(s) into Zotero (see here for instructions), right-click on the item(s), select
Create Bibliography from Item(s)... | Citation Style: Podcast,
Output Mode: Bibliographyand
Output Mode: Copy to Clipboardand click
OK. Zotero should auto-save these settings, so you'll not have to click everything again next time.
- Paste/Insert the bibliography entry into the
Text-part of WordPress' editor. Switch back to
Visualto continue writing the show notes ;-) You are writing show notes, aren't you?