The Awesome Document Factory
WeasyPrint is a smart solution helping web developers to create PDF documents. It turns simple HTML pages into gorgeous statistical reports, invoices, tickets…
From a technical point of view, WeasyPrint is a visual rendering engine for HTML and CSS that can export to PDF. It aims to support web standards for printing. WeasyPrint is free software made available under a BSD license.
It is based on various libraries but not on a full rendering engine like WebKit or Gecko. The CSS layout engine is written in Python, designed for pagination, and meant to be easy to hack on.
- Free software: BSD license
- For Python 3.7+, tested on CPython and PyPy
- Documentation: https://doc.courtbouillon.org/weasyprint
- Examples: https://weasyprint.org/#samples
- Changelog: https://github.com/Kozea/WeasyPrint/releases
- Code, issues, tests: https://github.com/Kozea/WeasyPrint
- Code of conduct: https://www.courtbouillon.org/code-of-conduct
- Professional support: https://www.courtbouillon.org
- Donation: https://opencollective.com/courtbouillon
Copyrights are retained by their contributors, no copyright assignment is required to contribute to WeasyPrint. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion is licensed under the BSD 3-clause license, without any additional terms or conditions. For full authorship information, see the version control history.