KRATOS Multiphysics ("Kratos") is a framework for building parallel, multi-disciplinary simulation software, aiming at modularity, extensibility, and high performance. Kratos is written in C++, and counts with an extensive Python interface. More in Overview
Kratos is free under BSD-4 license and can be used even in comercial softwares as it is. Many of its main applications are also free and BSD-4 licensed but each derived application can have its own propietary license.
Kratos is multiplatform and available for Windows, Linux (several distros) and macOS.
Kratos is OpenMP and MPI parallel and scalable up to thousands of cores.
Kratos provides a core which defines the common framework and several application which work like plug-ins that can be extended in diverse fields.
Its main applications are:
- DEM for cohesive and non cohesive spheric and non spheric particles simultion
- Fluid Dynamics Provides 2D and 3D incompressible fluids formulation
- Fluid Structure Interaction for solution of different FSI problems
- Structural Mechanics Providing solution for solid, shell and beam structures with linear and nonlinear, static and dynamic behavior
- Contact Structural Mechanics For contact problems used along the Structural Mechanics application
Some main modules are:
Examples of use
Kratos has been used for simulation of many different problems in a wide variety of disciplines ranging from wind over singular building to granular domain dynamics. Some examples and validation benchmarks simulated by Kratos can be found hereBarcelona Wind Simulation
Organizations contributing to Kratos:
International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering
Chair of Structural Analysis
Technical University of Munich
Some users of the technologies developed in Kratos are:
Airbus Defence and Space
Stress Methods & Optimisation Department
ONERA, The French Aerospace Lab
Applied Aerodynamics Department
Looking forward to seeing your logo here!
Special Thanks To
In Kratos Core:
- Boost for ublas
- pybind11 for exposing C++ to python
- GidPost providing output to GiD
- AMGCL for its highly scalable multigrid solver
- JSON JSON for Modern C++
- filesystem Header-only single-file std::filesystem compatible helper library, based on the C++17 specs
- ZLib The compression library