Octobook is a simple App that offers offline/online gitbooks reading.
- check the most popular books
- online reading/check authors' other books
- download book for offline reading
Why make this
This is just an experiment learning more about iOS development and Cocopods 3rd party library usage.
All the UI related thing is done using Storyboard.
- iOS 10.0
- Xcode 8.3.2
Build to your device with Xcode
git clone then open
- you can test iOS app on your device without paid apple developer program or jailbreak -> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4952820/test-ios-app-on-device-without-apple-developer-program-or-jailbreak
- If anything about 3rd party libraries goes wrong, try update pod or pod (re)install, Google is your friend.
- not good code, mix the network model in controller.
- didn't follow the rule - DRY(don't repeat yourself), want to seperate the network but didn't find a good way, so some code are repeated in the popular books controller and searh controller
If you have any good idea on how to organize and seperate the code more elegantly, welcome pull requests or contact me.